Thursday, 22 October 2015

Lisa Ginova, Neuro-linguistic programming and #IAm16ICanRape- War AGAINST growing rape culture in India.



Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) says that as an evolving member of Homosapiens specie one should not reinvent the wheel all the time. One needs to figure out what someone who tried to do what one is trying to do did and then simply,
IMITATE
I plan to imitate Lisa Ginova, the author of Still Alice.

These are my reasons for this cyber stalking :)
  1. She comes from the background of neurosciences. She is not a typical author with graduation and post graduation in English literature but just like me, she is a woman who studied science and is passionate about writing. I am a clinical psychologist, who feels strongly against gender discrimination. 
  2. She started writing her debut novel because she felt strongly for a subject. She believed in the book even when people said that, “It is too depressing to read. Who wants to talk about Alzheimer’s disease?” I believe in my book #IAm16ICanRape- War AGAINST rape culture in India. It’s not fair to the women of my country where a woman is raped every 20 minutes that the state is completely oblivious to the status of growing sexual crimes. The lives of so many women/men can be saved only if the state starts paying attention.
  3.  She wrote the book Still Alice, stood by her book, did everything in her power to make it reachable to people. I too feel the same way about my book. It’s a book that needs to be read- NOT BECAUSE I HAVE WRITTEN IT- but because it affects the lives of many people. It is about a topic that is a taboo in my society and that denial is not doing any good to anyone. In order to change anything, the first and foremost step a society needs to take is to acknowledge the existence of certain things.

Indian government has been neglecting the elephant in the room.
But I want to stand up and shout from the rooftop even if I sound indecent that today in India any teenager who thinks-

#IAm16ICanRape is not dissuaded by its government to think otherwise. 





1 comment:

  1. This NLP programme introduces and creates a few effective experiences to lead a life in which we recognize our real capacity and discover the excellence that lies within us.
    Neuro Linguistic Programming in Chennai

    ReplyDelete