Wednesday, 12 August 2015

A thought provoking Blog by Rasana Atreya

I FEEL BLESSED THAT I MET RASANA ON THIS JOURNEY.

Being a die hard Jungian I believe in Synchronicity. Synchronicity is a concept created by psychiatrist Carl Jung, which holds that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no apparent causal relationship, yet seem to be meaningfully related. Today I can vouch for this concept.

While I started writing book IAm16 ICanRape​, all I knew was that I was angry about an incident that took place in my country and I had to do something about it. One of the first people who helped me on this journey are Anjum Rajabali​ sir, who discussed the one page pitch with me and gave me ideas to develop the treatment. To quote his exact words, "When you will start doing research on topic of Rape, you will open a Pandora's Box which exist in Indian society, and you will have to study the whole history of gender discrimination."

Now, he is going to open the paperback of this book. It's a moment of bliss for me.

The second person who helped me most in this journey outside my family is, Rasana Atreya​, a brilliant novelist who became my anchor in the world of published a book. I can't count the number of times, I pinged Rasana, starting my message with , "I have a question"

She kept answering me with patience. I never understood what connects us. Today I know the answer when I read this brilliant blog written by Rasana. It felt to me she has encapsulated my 593 page book in this one page blog. It has the essence of every single thing the book stands for. Today I know that she was meant to help me to create something meaningful- THIS BOOK. There was a Higher Will guiding both of us, making her help me to achieve my goal.

I want to first thank that Higher Will whom I call Soul Of Universe or Almighty and then I want to thank Rasana for being the person she is. She keeps my faith intact in goodness of Feminine Energy who stands by Feminine. These are the women who will change the roll of dice and help world become a better place.

Another pure stroke of luck. My editor for this book Pat Smith​ is another woman who has become a pillar of strength to me. It was just the passion of this idea that brought some wonder people in my life. Thanks everyone.

Time has come, let's join hands!

http://genderlog.com/readings/rape-myths-and-reality/

No comments:

Post a Comment